[NAFEX] apple trees unusual color

Hélène Dessureault interverbis at videotron.ca
Sat Apr 23 17:54:41 EDT 2005

What kind of trees are they?
It makes quite a difference as the colour of young trees bark vary quite a bit depending on the variety.
I grafted some Canada Red two years ago and the bark of my two small trees are quite red. Canada Red is a red apple but I never saw such a red bark before.
I am thinking that maybe the unusual colour of the bark is due to the variety.
Hélène, north of Ottawa, in zone 3-4