[NAFEX] currant sawfly on gooseberries

Pat Meadows pat at containerseeds.com
Thu Sep 23 10:02:17 EDT 2004

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 17:25:04 -0700, you wrote:

>Pat,
>
>I've no idea about the pests in your area, but in the PNW currant sawfly
>(caterpillar) will eat the leaves of gooseberries overnight - it leaves the
>skeleton only.

I suppose that's possible, but the chicken wire cages seem
to have solved the problem (which has not recurred).  So I
am inclined to think it was an animal.

Probably one with four hooves and antlers!  They're all over
the place here.

Pat
--
Coming soon:  www.containerseeds.com - vegetable, herb,
and edible flower seeds especially selected for successful