[NAFEX] Surfactants for possible use on crops.

Jwlehman at aol.com Jwlehman at aol.com
Sat Sep 18 07:36:35 EDT 2004

In a message dated 8/26/2004 7:02:41 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
reveland at collinscom.net writes:

> I prefer using surfactants as pesticides where it is also used or as part
> of a
> herbicide mix. It is also easy to find the MSDS sheets on this product.

OK, I'm confused and I'd like straightened out.

A surfactant is a pesticide? Would someone explain the difference between a
spreader-sticker and a surfactant. Sometimes I read of using a detergent as a
surfactant. My local Growers Coop advised using common vegetable oil as a
surfactant. Detergent and oil are about as opposite as can be, aren't they?

Help this dummy out.

Jerry