[NAFEX] Apple size in a restored orchard

Gordon Nofs gc_nofs at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 17 18:11:42 EDT 2004

All my apples are very small in Z 5 MI.
   It is because of the cold odd summer. I have had plenty of rain. Pears
mostly the same.Persimmons were over a month late to bloom as with Pawpaws.
I don't expect any to ripen. pawpaws all stayed small. Things did very well
in even near drought and warm years.  Hope for better season next year. Figs
just started to ripen as of Sept. 1st when we had days in low 80s night in
the 70s.
Gordon C. Nofs
Flint, MI.