[NAFEX] Damaged trees

Lon Rombough lonrom at hevanet.com
Wed Sep 8 12:43:35 EDT 2004

Deer don't eat grass.  They browse on  plants, but their preferred food
is shoots of bushes and trees, like your fruit trees.  Add in fruit,
and unless you have a tall enough fence, they WILL jump it for the
goodies inside.  It takes a TEN foot fence to really stop them.
-Lon Rombough

So, I'm building a 7' tall fence around the orchard. A deer can
actually jump over that, but I'm betting that it won't be worth their
effort, considering all the grass and such in the area. Maybe visitors
to my property will also get the idea. Once the fence is done, I'll
start replanting.