[NAFEX] Indian Red; Indian Blood Red Peach

Ed Fackler efackler at woh.rr.com
Tue Sep 7 16:35:30 EDT 2004

Chris:

According to USDA Handbook of Peaches and Nectarines, it is thought to be a
seedling of Blood Cling from France prior to 1857.  Don't know a thing about
its specific history of hybridization, however a number of red or maroon
foliage "ornamental" varieties have been introduced and I suspect they were
likely to have originated from this peach.

I do know that Joe Goffreda of Rutgers has used some sort of Redleafed peach
in his hybridization with various non-melting (processing) peaches and flat
peaches.

Ed, S. Ohio .... fall like