[NAFEX] Re: grapes?

Lon Rombough lonrom at hevanet.com
Sun Sep 5 15:42:56 EDT 2004

The main way it is usually done is by "leaf pulling" - removing leaves
from around the clusters to expose them to more light.  Pruning in late
summer is risky because it can stimulate new shoot growth that doesn't
harden off in time before frost, leaving the vine more vulnerable to
cold damage.
-Lon Rombough
"Best Talent in Writing" award for 2003.