[NAFEX] Rootstock / Dormancy

Del Stubbs northernlights2n at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 28 23:06:20 EDT 2004

This brings up a related subject: What are the plus' and minus' of early
dormancy in a cold climate?
At first I would presume early dormancy is a plus - so trees get ready for
winter in plenty of time, but in  a short summer ( were about 95 days
frost free here ) perhaps one needs the opposite in a rootstock to induce
thorough ripening?
Del, N. Minnesota

=====
Del Stubbs  http://www.pinewoodforge.com   zone 3   N. MN