[NAFEX] Currant cutting request

Lon Rombough lonrom at hevanet.com
Thu Oct 28 09:57:50 EDT 2004

I worked for a berry nursery that made currant and gooseberry cuttings
in the fall, bundled them, and buried them with just 1/3 of the cutting
sticking out,  in sand on the north side of a building.  By planting
time the following spring they were solidly rooted and ready to line
out in the nursery.   This was in zone 7, so the ground did not freeze
deeply.
Some gooseberry varieties will give the highest degree of success from
cuttings when the cuttings are taken in the fall before all the leaves
are off.
-Lon Rombough

"Best Talent in Writing" award for 2003.