[NAFEX] Ornamental fruit trees

Joe Hecksel jhecksel at voyager.net
Tue Oct 26 20:18:14 EDT 2004

> What color are the Ya Li pears? How do they taste? Is the skin tough?
When
> is harvest time?
http://www.theproducehunter.com/productdisplay.asp?ID=1985
http://www.ars-grin.gov/cgi-bin/npgs/html/acchtml.pl?1401298

Mine are still getting ripe.  I only had a few.  Typical Asian pear
texture.  Slight astringency of skin...which may disappear when they
are riper.  Not particularly aromatic....which may change when they are
riper.

> Ro Chapman

Joe Hecksel
Personal Webpage http://my.voyager.net/~jhecksel