[NAFEX] NAFEX Fundraiser Ideas - Fruit of North America Cards

Geoffrey Tolle gtolle at infinet.com
Sat Oct 23 22:52:48 EDT 2004

Folks,

     To be honest, I've gotten a little confused on what's going on with
these ideas. I know that there are ideas afloat to create an electronic
index of "Pomona". I great idea and I'll try to help when things get
more ironed out.

     I would like to suggest a different idea, one that could be started
with the legal hassels dealt with up front and minimal electronic
concerns. This would be electronic "cards" on different varieties of
fruit. It would consist of basic variety information such as name,
species, zones, origin, features, taste, uses, patent/trademarks,
disease resistances/susceptabilities, etc., and a picture or two where
possible. It should be possible to fit all of this on an html page and
possibly even generate an "index card" like some of the cooking programs
for printing out.

     We could make a list of varieties that we want to generate each
year and someone(s) with experience with those varieties could fill out
the form. Other people with experience with the varieties could then
make additional comments. These could then be burned onto CD's and sold
to interested parties as a NAFEX fundraiser. It might even be possible
to link this with seedlings and scions sold for fundraising that year.

     Then again, perhaps someone is already doing this.

                      Geoffrey Tolle