[NAFEX] Stark Sweetheart Apricot

Mark Lee markl at nytec.com
Mon Oct 18 15:07:06 EDT 2004

A few months ago I was looking into Sweet Pit apricot, and now I'm
following up on a lead provided by Lon.  Garfield Shults of Homedale,
Idaho developed this, and now Stark sells it under the name of
Sweetheart Apricot, aka Homedale cultivar.  I would like to hear how
this performs for any of you that grow it.  One of my concerns is the
bloom time for this variety.  For my Seattle garden, the later blooming,
the better to avoid blooming when its too wet and cold for pollinators.
Thanks,
Mark Lee, Seattle, z8a