[NAFEX] home orchard problems

Bob Hartman hartmansfruittrees at wport.com
Sat Oct 2 23:04:28 EDT 2004

Ro,

Are you sure it was scab?  I have seen Liberty with some russet on the fruit.  Some people may mistake the
russet for scab.  Russet sometimes on non-russet apples can be caused by freezing at a certain time after
blooming and I don't remember just when.  Also some sprays when applied shortly after blooming can cause some
russet.

Bob Hartman
Western Washington