[NAFEX] What's safe to eat and what isn't

Katherine Russell Katherine.Russell at oberlin.edu
Tue Nov 30 14:12:04 EST 2004

Bumpy berries: Don't forget mulberries, which can be delicious.
My brother and I grew up across from a park where there were mulberry
trees, and since we had no-one to teach us the facts, we were convinced
that these weird berries on the trees must be poisonous. That the birds
ate them seemed to only prove the point to us. ("Birds can eat poisonous
berries with no problem" in our youthful opinion). It was years later
that I found out about mulberries.

Isn't there something called a strawberry tree, though, which is bad for
you? Heck, maybe that's another thing from my childhood that I imagined.

Best - KR