[NAFEX] Orchard Mulch Revisited

tanis cuff tanistanis at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 11 11:01:13 EST 2004

My reaction to cedar/cedar bark mulches is "it can't be good", because half
the landscaping w/ this loooks sick.  But, these are usually in sites w/
high pollution, high soil compaction, hot & dry, and high reflected sun.
So, how WOULD it function in a nice yard?  I suppose if you can find mulch
that isn't dyed w/ anything toxic, should be OK.  Hmm, what about as a
disease vector?  I bet some google searches would yield both extn study info
and anecdotals.