[NAFEX] Re: nafex Digest, Vol 21, Issue 69

Lucky Pittman lucky.pittman at murraystate.edu
Mon Nov 8 13:43:01 EST 2004

Tanis wrote:
>I have 'Timm' & 'Success' from the late great Bear Creek Nursery, and
>another suckery selection from a local landscape nursery.  Got an average
>of 5" growth in 10 years, then I started fertilizing w/ lime, I think the
>bag says hydrated lime, a tablespoon in a gallon of water per plant once
>per year.  They now display noticeable expansion, but not impressive.

I've got a couple of those row-run Timm & Success seedlings from BCN, as
well, and they are the most vigorous and productive alnifolia selections in
my little collection of varieties, and the flavor is as good or better than
that of the named, tissue-cultured selections like Regent & Smoky.  Still
well under 4 ft tall, but suckering and spreading vigorously.

Lucky Pittman
USDA Cold Zone 6
AHS Heat Zone 7
Hopkinsville, KY