[NAFEX] e-mail lists

Joe Hecksel jhecksel at voyager.net
Thu Nov 4 18:29:09 EST 2004

Well said, Lon:

Those of us on the receiving end of emails cannot see the arching
eyebrows, the twinkling of eye or hear the drollness of tone.  Real life
conversation is a wide-screen, surround-sound medium.  Email is peering
into a dimly lit room via a key hole.
Also, spoken conversation is replete with redundancy to reinforce or
nuance meaning.  I offer email buddies MUCH latitude as most of us are
not professional writers who finesse their writing to the third drafts
before hitting the SEND button.  Email is a first draft media and most
of us are not professional writers.

All these electrons used.....and I must confess there are a few writers
who I filter.  It is just too hard for me to read their "stuff".
 Perhaps to our mutual loss.  Oh well, we all do what we must.

-Joe