[NAFEX] Currants and Horses

Thomas Olenio tolenio at sentex.net
Thu May 27 13:11:29 EDT 2004

Hi,

Rabbits chomp my apple trees, but leave the Crandall currants, Red Lake
currants,  Cherry currants, Titania currants, and jostaberries alone.

I wonder if grazing cattle would ignore them in the pasture too.  Though
the fruit may attract them, if the foliage doesn't.

My currents are already in fruit, and the HEAVY rain of last week, beat
them to the ground.  Going to be  a tough summer for mowing.

Later,
Tom