[NAFEX] hawthorn snack from Japan

hector black hblack1925 at fastmail.fm
Wed May 5 17:58:56 EDT 2004

We've also tasted those hawthorne snacks and enjoyed them.  I think they must be made from the Chinese hawthorne as we have several that have fruited a bit and the jam made from them is quite tasty and similar to the snack.
    Hector Black zone 6 middle TN
    PS  But so far, most of these Chinese trees have been quite susceptible to quince rust which deforms a lot of the fruit and forms galls on the branches.