[NAFEX] Re: help reading Chinese fruit labels

Hal Love lovehd at comcast.net
Mon Jun 28 17:20:18 EDT 2004

Mark,

I asked a Chinese co-worker to help translate your labels. For the "Dried
Date" label, the first two characters identify a provence in southern China,
the third means "Honey" and the last is a type of fruit that she has never
seen in the US, but she does not know the english name for it.

The second label translates to: "The perfect fruit from Hong Kong".

Sorry, that did not help much.

Hal

****

I recently purchased some fruit at an Asian grocery store.  I am not
sure what I have, so I scanned the labels and posted them at the page
linked below:
http://mysite.verizon.net/~piper33/Chinese.html

One looks like jujube and has no English on the package.  The other says
"dried date", but the picture on the package looks more like plum fruit
and leaves and the fruit in the package looks like chunks of wood.  I
would be interested in hearing from any NAFEX people or their Chinese
speaking friends with any clues on what I have.

Thanks,
Mark Lee, Seattle