[NAFEX] dormant persimmon scionwood wanted

Mark Lee markl at nytec.com
Thu Jun 3 15:17:30 EDT 2004

Last year I asked about converting my male Diospyros lotus into a
Diospyros virginiana with male and female branches via grafting.  I was
told summer is the best time to do this work.  I was hoping to do this
last year, but never got around to it.  If I can track down some dormant
scionwood now, I would like to attempt this in the next month or two.
Does anyone still have dormant American Persimmon scionwood?  Would one
of the varieties that produce seedless fruit without a pollinator be a
good choice for this project (Yates and Meader)?

-Mark Lee, Seattle