[NAFEX] canning without a boiling water bath

Kristina & Bruce herenorthere at lycos.com
Sat Jan 17 12:29:21 EST 2004


It was said . . . "Boiling or microwaving the contents of such a jar will kill any microorganisms present, but according to the Centers for Disease Control, it takes 10 minutes of boiling to destroy the botulin toxin that may have been produced."

Remember that boiling does not destroy the spores of Botulin bacteria.  That's why a pressure cooker should always be used to process non-acidic, low sugar foods.


____________________________________________________________
Get advanced SPAM filtering on Webmail or POP Mail ... Get Lycos Mail!
http://login.mail.lycos.com/r/referral?aid=27005



More information about the nafex mailing list