[NAFEX] Bench Grafting Apples

Hector Black hblack at twlakes.net
Sun Jan 4 18:18:40 EST 2004

Yes, Tom - at least that's the way we do it.  We graft in Feb or so and pack
the grafts in damp sawdust until the scion buds start to swell.  Store them
in an unheated building.  As the temp rises the buds swell.  Then we row
them out in raised beds and kind of fuss with them because it takes a little
pampering to get them thru the first few weeks.
    Hector Black zone 6 middle TN