[NAFEX] Pear seedling problems

Dean Kreutzer deankreutzer at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 29 10:50:44 EST 2004

Hello all,

I made some pear crosses last year and I am currently growing the seedlings
under grow lights.  Most of the seedlings are beginning to suffer; symptoms
are as follows:  The leaves starting from the tip are turning black, and
eventually moves back to cover the entire leaf.  In others, the stem turns
black and in time evelopes the seedling.  I have been removing all dead
seedlings and cutting off blackend leaf material.  Does anyone have an idea
what this problem is and how to prevent it?

Thanks for your help,

Dean Kreutzer
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
USDA zone 3