[NAFEX] Red leafed plum.

Jwlehman at aol.com Jwlehman at aol.com
Wed Feb 25 08:04:01 EST 2004

Hello all,

For you plum growers, I'd like to call attention to a red leafed plum that
Raintree Nursery has that is trade marked Kuban Burgundy. This is an unusual
plum that the picture doesn't do justice. I should know, I took the picture. The
Bing sweet cherry taste is easily discernible and I highly recommend it. Sad
to say it is as susceptible to plum maladies, but worth the effort in my books.

Kuban Delight is also good. There is no evidence that they will pollinate
each other.

These are two of the Russian plums that were brought through quarantine in
about 1995. I plan to write a report later on this material. One variety ripens
fruit here in Indiana in late June.

Jerry Lehman