[NAFEX] Ranetka

Ed Forest edforest55 at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 24 11:45:45 EST 2004

My percentage of takes on baccata has been very low, (about 60% at
best),even with super hardy cultivars that is field grafted.
I don't seem to have any problems with Chestnut Crab on baccata though,
maybe it was some other factor Tanis.
Here is what I have had on baccata with varying success:

Red Sparkle
Heyer 12
PF-51
Chestnut Crab
Norson
Carlos Queen
Norland
Norjus
Norlove
Dearborn's Unknown
Heyer 20
Rosybloom
Lee17
Lee 27
Lee 30
Simonette 1847
Breakey
Okabena
September Ruby
Chesnut Crab
Oriole
Lodi
Thorberg
Nova Easygro
Kerr
Chipman

Bernie, very interesting background of ranetka, thank you for that. The
ranetka I get from Lawyers seems to have all the same recognizable traits,
very light- weight wood, color of root, forking habit of root, winter
hardiness, compatability, winter chill, vigor, leaf shape, bark color . . .
I imagine it is all coming from the same grove and perhaps pollinized by the
same pollinizer.

Kevin Bradley