[NAFEX] deer, piglets and people

DocKW at aol.com DocKW at aol.com
Sun Feb 8 11:45:30 EST 2004

We amateur orchardists call the whitetails  "orchard rats"...and that
describes them perfectly in their current role in our area.
Add to the damage they do to the trees etc , the danger of Lyme disease is a
HUGE economic threat (just ask someone who has had Lyme)....and the deer are
the main vector of the disease...they maintain the tick population so the other
critters also become carriers..

We now have sighted small wolves in our area....just what we need....another
predator:(  Now you really need to be careful in the woods.
K W. Olson,,,,zone 5 SW  Connecticut