[NAFEX] Would CO2 Be Organic to kill ground hogs?

RW Spalinger rwspal at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 5 12:46:07 EST 2004

On Feb 5, 2004, at 11:33 AM, Tom Olenio wrote:

> Hello,
>
> What about plain old CO2 (carbon dioxide) for killing ground hogs?
> ...If that is not an organic solution nothing is...

I will have to check the National Organic Rule to be sure, but off
hand, I think CO2 is permissible. It is the CO from exhaust pipes that
is not considered organic. Your suggestion of old fire extinguishers or
other forms of CO2 production seems like a good one, as CO2 would
linger in the tunnels for awhile.

Randall