[NAFEX] blackberry wine question

Lisa Almarode lisaalmarode at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 11 16:36:34 EDT 2004

About to begin my first attempt at winemaking.

The recipes in my book (how to make wild wines and
meads) make 1 gallon batches - the beermaking
equipment I'm going to use (5gal. buckets) should
handle more - any problems if I double the recipe?
I know it's not always good with jam recipes.

The recipe I want to use (a sweet wine) calls for 3
1/2# blackberries to make 1 gallon wine.  Another
blackberry wine recipe (dry wine) uses 7# for a 1
gallon batch.  Can I sneak more blackberries into
the sweet wine recipe?

thanks

=====
Lisa in Ashland Oregon
USDA Z7 - Sunset Z7 - 1800' - 19" annual rainfall