[NAFEX] need help with cherry ID

LEE REICH lreich at hvc.rr.com
Tue Aug 3 18:10:21 EDT 2004

Re: Jan and Joy

I have never tasted them, but have heard -- right from Dr. Meader, I
think -- that they are not cherries that you would eat out of hand.
Nanking cherry, on the other hand, is very tasty right off the bush. I'd
be curious about the experiences of others, in addition to Lon, in the
Pacific Northwest with Nanking cherries. Perhaps Lon's poor luck with
them is due to factors specific to his site and not general in the
Northwest.

Lee Reich (in the Hudson valley of New York)
www.leereich.com