[NAFEX] need help with cherry ID

LEE REICH lreich at hvc.rr.com
Mon Aug 2 18:15:36 EDT 2004

I didn't get the beginning of this thread, but I do have a whole chapter on Nanking cherries in my new book
UNCOMMON FRUITS FOR EVERY GARDEN. You need two bushes, for cross-pollination, to get fruit and I don't believe
that plum will pollinate nanking cherries. I have grown them successfully in Wisconsin, Maryland, Delaware, and
New York, and think they would be worth a try anywhere. The plants are very inexpensive and beaar very quickly,
often they're second year. I do occasionally get some dieback, but the bushes keep chugging along bearing more
than I, the birds, and squirrels can eat.

Lee Reich
www.leereich.com