[NAFEX] need help with cherry ID

Mark Lee markl at nytec.com
Mon Aug 2 17:27:52 EDT 2004

Joan,
It must be Nanking Cherry (Prunus tomentosa).  This is the first time I
have seen it.  I found a number of pictures that look just like the
plants I found.  Here is an example from an arboretum in Idaho.
http://www.uidaho.edu/arboretum/july.html
Thanks for your help with the ID!

>From what I remember, Nanking Cherry probably won't work for me in
Seattle because it is too warm and wet in the winter.  Does anyone have
advice on this (like Lon)?
Mark Lee, Seattle