[NAFEX] Re: Need opinions on the quality of these new trees

Uwillard at aol.com Uwillard at aol.com
Mon Apr 5 08:53:36 EDT 2004

Jerry,

In the considerable reading I have done on the subject of fruit tree
planting, almost every source says to put the graft union no more than 3 to 4 inches
above the ground. So I figured it was important, although the only reason I can
recall for this is to prevent too much suckering from the rootstock. None of
these sources talk about what to do with high graft unions. Hearing your
perspective makes me relax a bit - thanks!

Uma