[NAFEX] che tree update

buretachi at juno.com buretachi at juno.com
Tue Sep 30 20:55:23 EDT 2003

my southcentral PA che update as we approach frosty weather:

tree(from Hidden Springs) were planted over two years ago so have just
gone through their third summer.  Male tree had set a few fruits but now
has none.  Female set a few more but not many and now has maybe 6
remaining.  Fruits still small and only a hint of redness.

is this just immaturity,or could there be a culture problem?  all of the
apples, nashi, pears, peaches and apricot that i planted at the same time
have already borne fruit.  i had read at CRFG that che is quick to bear.

Scott