[NAFEX] Preserving Persimmons

Greg or Marie Jordan mgjordan at concentric.net
Mon Sep 22 09:07:46 EDT 2003

Try drying puréed pulp on sulifane that has been sprayed with Pam.  Your
county extension service should have a bulletin with more details on drying
fruit and making fruit leather.  I've done it with apricots, cherries,
plums, peaches, and a few other fruits.  The kids and I love it and it makes
a great travel snack. Basically it is fruit roll-ups but a lot better.
Greg