[NAFEX] was pears, now black knot on plums

Kristina & Bruce herenorthere at lycos.com
Wed Sep 17 18:58:37 EDT 2003

Karl Olson said from SW CT: "and plums have the worst black knot I've ever had...will need to nearly chop down the trees to renovate."

I respond - Here in north central CT, I had the least black knot I've ever seen.  I think I cut a handful of branches from my susceptible gage.  But my dormant and spring spraying was disrupted badly by weather (and my motivation deficit), so I experienced brown rot and terrapin scale for the first time ever.  Maybe I'll see more black knot when the trees drop their leaves, but I looked last weekend and saw none.
Bruce Wittchen
1/2 mile from Hartford
Zone 6