[NAFEX] grape problem

Lon J. Rombough lonrom at hevanet.com
Sun Sep 14 17:08:34 EDT 2003

Probably a combination of berry splitting (usually caused by rain at
ripening time) and yellowjacket/wasps attacking the fruit.  Splitting is a
varietal thing - some grapes split more than others.  The wasps are
attracted to sweet fruit in general, so the only alternative to them is to
plant sour grapes that they (or you) wouldn't want to eat.
-Lon Rombough
http://www.bunchgrapes.com
Winner of the Garden Writers Association "Best Talent in Writing" award for
2003