[NAFEX] scale on Myers Lemon

mIEKAL aND dtv at mwt.net
Sat Sep 13 14:26:25 EDT 2003

This is an important point,  Ive used some dormant oil that we were
also using on apples, on the citrus.  Had them in a fully shaded area &
still had a lot of leaves & wood turn black.  Having a pretty large
citrus collection in containers, I find it inevitable that you get
scale on the plants.  I vastly prefer good old water & a sprayer that
has a jet setting.  I can spray off 95% of the scale a lot faster with
this method than individually removing the scale.  Also sometimes when
it is quite bad on a plant I'll stop watering the plant to get it to
drop leaves since that is where most of the scale tends to congregate.
This of course is stressing the plants, but I have personally observed
after 10 years of container growing that plant that have endured
various stresses last a lot longer in my collection.

mIEKAL