[NAFEX] Lye for stumps?

Lon J. Rombough lonrom at hevanet.com
Sat May 24 23:32:00 EDT 2003

If you aren't in a huge hurry, may I suggest you visit
http://www.fungiperfecti.com/  and see about getting some mushrooms to
digest the stump?  Takes about three years and you get mushrooms you can
eat, or possibly some medicinal types, depending on what you get.  The spawn
comes in little wooden plugs.  You just drill holes in the stump and tap in
the plugs.  In a few months to a year, the stump produces mushrooms, which
also reduce the wood to punky material you can easily break up.
-Lon Rombough
http://www.bunchgrapes.com

How do you use the lye to melt stumps? I have plenty of lye, I also get it
in 50 lb bags for soapmaking. Plenty of stumps too, for that matter.

Joyce