[NAFEX] apples and morels

Mike Levine mlevine at umich.edu
Mon May 12 10:32:48 EDT 2003

Looks like a good morel season here for the first time in a few years (it's
been raining almost every day lately!).  Found a bunch of half-frees this
week and a few large gold/white ones in my partners garden where I dumped
the morel wash water on an old apple stump a couple years ago.  It was
really amazing, since I poured the water on that stump a couple years ago,
they have been consistantly bearing large high quality morels.  I wish it
had worked on my old apple stump, but alas, I'll just have to go to her
house for dinner instead.
Anyone had luck with the commercial morel kits?  I haven't.  These mushrooms
seem to only grow where they want to and not where I want them.

Mike Levine
Ann Arbor, MI zone 5b