[NAFEX] apples and morels

Lucky Pittman lucky.pittman at murraystate.edu
Mon May 12 09:59:57 EDT 2003

At 03:36 AM 5/12/2003 +0000, you wrote:
>I was searching the net for morel mushroom info and ran into this
>interesting note on old apple orchards and morels
>http://www.bluewillowpages.com/mushroomexpert/morels/orchard.html   Del,
>haven't seen morels yet but the asparagas is up!

Morel season has already passed for me - I managed to steal a few hours 2-3
weeks back and get out in my woods to scrounge a few.  Ended up with a
couple of gallons of morels - mostly small yellow/grays, but a few big
black ones.  We had a couple of good meals on them, and I've got a few
frozen back for later consumption.
I put bases and the small amounts of associated humus that I collected with
them under the leaf mulch around some of the oaks in my lawn.

Lucky