[NAFEX] Please advise: Thinning plums

Lon J. Rombough lonrom at hevanet.com
Fri May 2 16:28:47 EDT 2003

Shaking IS a way to thin.  Don't overdo it on Hollywood, though.  It's a
very nice plum, but you pick it within minutes after it ripens.  That's not
much of an exaggeration.  I've seen it go from firm to so soft the stem end
pulled out like a cone in one day, and it was mush on the ground shortly
after that.
-Lon Rombough