[NAFEX] Pears for Gord

Claude Jolicoeur cjoli at gmc.ulaval.ca
Fri Mar 28 00:05:25 EST 2003

Hello Gord,
In Quebec, zone 4, I am very pleased with Harrow Delight pear. Luscious and
Summercrisp appear hardy here but haven't started production yet - I can't
comment on their quality. Flemish Beauty is also highly recommended,
however it is not resistant to fire blight - at my orchard, my Flemish B.
tree is doing very well, but I have never had any occurence of blight here.
More details in the note I wrote in Pomona - I think it was in the summer
2002 issue.
As of apricots, I tried Morden 604 and Brookcot - both died quickly.
Dormancy problem it seems...

Claude Jolicoeur