[NAFEX] Fw: Keeping deers away

Dylan Ford dford at suffolk.lib.ny.us
Thu Mar 27 20:25:26 EST 2003

In reference to using a timer to turn the radio on and off at staggered intervals during the night to startle the deer... I had an idea a while back that I've never had the opportunity to try. They sell screw-in plug outlets that can be put in a standard lightbulb socket. I wondered if you couldn't buy one of the less expensive motion-detector light units that people put outside their houses, screw the plug outlet into the socket and plug the radio into that. Then, I surmised, when the deer came a-munching, their motion would turn the radio on for the minutes you set the timer for, and only when the deer was on-site. On paper it looks like it would work.       dylan