[NAFEX] Grow fruit higher than deer can reach?

lutesville lutesville at cox.net
Mon Mar 24 17:39:19 EST 2003

> So, what's your opinion?    Possible?   Practical or impractical?
>
> Charlie Paradise

Charlie,
I haven't seen it mentioned yet, but if you have a significant deer problem,
they will knaw at the trunk of even mature trees and kill them during "bad"
years. I know this because they took out two 15 or more year old peach trees
by striping the trunk of bark and then chewing off the inner bark.

They also kept 150 tomatoes eaten, and ate the leaves off the peppers
(spitting out the hot peppers) just when I thought I might harvest the
leaves to try eating myself. Picked the plums out of the trees, take all the
lettuce and other plants that I hope to eat. They did let us have the
watermelons though.

Joyce