[NAFEX] black locust

Rick Valley bamboogrove at cmug.com
Thu Mar 20 11:58:26 EST 2003

Dave;
Your woods is obviously much more valuable than any orchard that could take
its place. Your story reminds me of my friends Frank and Karen Morton, who
bought 20 acres near the metropolis of Wren, deer fenced it, began their
salad green operation, and then learned they owned the finest remaining
piece of Willamette Valley upland prairie. Well, they didn't plant their 15
acre orchard. They do have a seed business, based on their salad annuals on
around 1 acre, and the native plants in the prairie.

-Rick in Oregon