[NAFEX] snow gathering/raspberries

del stubbs pinewoodel at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 20 00:02:51 EST 2003

>Why not Autumn Bliss? Does it have problems?
It is a marvelously delicious berry, and large. Only problem is that it is
so late bearing for a 95 day area. I put up a full hoop tent to hold off the
frost 2 years running and still lost over half of the berries. ( A  expert
recomended them, btw) Now I am doing more modest experiments. New plantings
are a handful of-  kilarny, caroline, k 81 6, polana, summit, boyne, and
hope to add autumn red. Always looking for others if anyone has one to
recommend. I have hoped for a functional autumn bearing rasp. because then I
don't have to worry about winter damage on a cold dry winter. Del Z2/3