[NAFEX] snow gathering

del stubbs pinewoodel at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 17 22:14:10 EST 2003

With the suddenly balmy weather we have had here in norhtern Minnesota - our
meager snow is nearly gone. It's a good time to look where it gathers - as
many of the cold challenged things I want to grow are dependent on snow
cover. This year I did not thin or cut down a patch of autumn bliss
raspberries......and they win the cake for making a snow gathering fence.
So, it makes me rethink some of my row placement plans. I'm considering
planting rows of raspberries (not autumn bliss) perpendicular to the winter
wind - with laid-down grapes, blackberries and such in between to get
covered, I'd like to hear other folks' successes and failures in snow
catching.
Saw a butterfly today, incredible! Del
Del Stubbs  www.pinewoodforge.com  ag zone2/3