[NAFEX] Pawpaws and butterflies

Rick Valley bamboogrove at cmug.com
Sun Mar 16 01:22:42 EST 2003

> To my amazement, the website shows confirmed sightings of the Zebra
> Swallowtail around Rhode Island and eastern Conn

I checked it too, and there were the colored counties; RI was solid! Makes
me wonder what they feed on E. of the Appalachians- not much pawpaw there.
As I said, I never saw the beast in NY or Penn. in my childhood years of
butterfly collecting. A few times in Ohio; piles of 'em in GA and MO. "Rare
at the N. edges of the range" sounds about right.

-Rick