[NAFEX] June Sugar Pear

Anton Callaway marillen at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 10 19:24:26 EST 2003

I had 2 June Sugar pears in North Georgia (Zone 7).  The fruit ripened
in late June to early July.  I found them inedible fresh, very dry flesh
without flavor or juice, but quality is subjective and they might cook
alright- I never bothered to try.

It did ripen much earlier than the other 20+ varieties in my orchard.

Anton